Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Welcoming Myself to Cycling World Once Again

Two days ago, June 14 2009, i finally bought my bike, with my own money, of course :p. The bike lucky enough to be mine is Dahon Vitesse D7 Sage colored. I bought this bike in Pekan Raya Jakarta (maybe it could simply translated as "Jakarta Festival"). The price was good, and I kinda like the shape of the frame, and the color, i didn't actually know what colour it was, i am colorblind, but later i know it is green (in Dahon official website it is "Sage"). And the most important thing, it is foldable! I think it is unique, with 20" wheel, it can be fold to be small enough to be carried on a bus, train, or just put it in someone's car.

My Dahon Vitesse D7


Finding Way Out of The Crowd

To be honest, i always see a bike as a personal transportation just like all engine-powered vehicles. I never discriminate bike as something different. But that is the impression I get nowadays. If you live in a car-based society, where people are judged by the car/motorbike they have, you will feel the same feeling as i do. Somehow, it feels like people looking down on the man-powered transportation. They give us an impression that bikes are not supposed to be on the road. Bikes are only hindrance for engine-powered vehicle's mobility. I also get the feeling that they think bikes are only kids toy or for sports or recreational. And this is what really happens in car-based society. Almost every household has bike(s), but they never use them in their daily need of mobility. In their mind, motorcycle, car, and public transport are the options to meet this kind of need. They simply exclude the bike..

Well, let's stop this first post here. This is only the beginning. I have a dream to bring bike culture to this society (a stupid dream? yeah, i think so.. haha). But first, welcome to my new blog and my new cycling life!! yay! (but i still need to have it fully adjusted by the mechanics, because at the festival, there's no mechanics available to set my bike.. hehe XP)

No comments:

Post a Comment